Advices from a big traveler!
Hong Kong Airport pannel…Impressive!!!It shows here the planes from 9:30 to 12;30 only!!
I really enjoy traveling. Most of the time, it is for pleasure. Of course, it is nicer and easier than traveling for business! But it is fastidious too! It can be quickly a disaster (12 or more hours in a plane is not something very nice!).
I will give you some quick tricks 😉
– Always being comfy! You can be fashion if you want but in a comfy way (my yoga wear and my converse are for me the best outfit)
– Don’t forget the sweater! It’s always freezing in a plane! And so, the socks (it is much more comfy too). Do not hesitate to ask for a second cover. I automatically ask for one once seated.
– Have in the bag a small beauty bag with cream, lotion, and toothbrush (with mini toothpaste) in traveling size to keep the skin moisturized (it is so dry inside).
– Be sure to ask or to buy at airport (inside the terminal) water. It is very important to drink regularly. You can have also with you some fruits and snack like dried almonds, nuts, and cereals bars. You never know if the meals will be good and anyway, you have a healthy snack with you (I am traveling often with Cathay Pacific, it is a very good company and the meals are very nice. However, I don’t want to eat as I prefer sleeping and I prefer my kind of food. Indeed, I have all the time with me my snacks in case).
– Sleep, sleep, and sleep!!! A 12 hours travel is very long. Sleeping, it seems shorter! It is a two ways benefit: faster travel feeling and you can enjoy resting more or less well. I have the capacity to sleep easily on plane. The plane has not took off I am already sleeping!
– When awake, try to move a little bit, stretch and exercise. I have no shame to do real exercise of gym. After having traveled with Asian people and seeing them doing the typical Chinese military-type exercises, I am moving too as I wish.
– There is now enough entertainment on plane but you can have your own stuff if you prefer (tablet, books, MP3, magazines….).
– Travel light. Your back would be very grateful! You can have a trolley but it is the same. Don’t put too much weight inside because soon or later you will have to carry it!
There are more advices I can read. But this is a good base.
Let me know what do you think about theses advices and please give yours in comment! I am no forgetting some advices I know, or going fast to the essential, but I am sure there is some that I don’t know and don’t realize!